How to make X- and Y- axes be drawn to scale?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Die

How to make X- and Y- axes be drawn to scale?

Post by Die »

Hello.

I'm using OpenOffice.org Calc and I'm trying to make an X and Y scatter plot chart using two columns of data (column A are the x coordinates and column B are the y coordinates shown in the picture). However, the scale for the chart is the same for the X and Y axes. In other words, the distance from 0 to 2 in the X axis is the same as 0 to 20 for the Y axis. How do I make it so that it is shown to scale for both axes in relation to one another? Basically, I would like it so that 0 to 20 for the Y axis is shown to be 10 times longer than 0 to 2 for the X axis. Do you have to do this manually by stretching the chart vertically more or is there an automatic option that does this that I'm overlooking?

Thank you for your time.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
OOo 2.3.X on MS Windows Vista + MS Windows XP
Cambirder
Volunteer

Re: How to make X- and Y- axes be drawn to scale?

Post by Cambirder »

I don't think there is any way to do this apart from stretching it.

I'm not sure why anyone would actually want to do this, because you are going to end up with a chart that can't be viewed on on your monitor, and can't be printed on any reasonably sized paper.
OOo 3.3 on Windows 7 & 3.2.1 on Mint 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: How to make X- and Y- axes be drawn to scale?

Post by Villeroy »

Enter the chart (double-click), double-click a numeric axis and visit the "Scale" tab.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice