[Solved] Inserting A Chart Into A New Worksheet

Discuss the spreadsheet application

[Solved] Inserting A Chart Into A New Worksheet

Postby Eroica » Tue May 27, 2008 5:12 pm

With earlier versions of Calc, Insert Chart... brought up the Autoformat dialog box. This allowed one to choose the worksheet in which the finished chart appears.

I now use version 2.4 and when I choose Insert Chart... a Chart Wizard appears which does not incluse this option.

How do I insure that the finished chart will appear in a different sheet to the one in which the data are located?

Thank you.
Eroica

Re: Inserting A Chart Into A New Worksheet

Postby acknak » Tue May 27, 2008 7:05 pm

You probably realize this already, but you can always create the chart alongside the data, then cut/paste it to another sheet.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Postby jrkrideau » Wed May 28, 2008 8:53 pm

Eroica wrote:With earlier versions of Calc, Insert Chart... brought up the Autoformat dialog box. This allowed one to choose the worksheet in which the finished chart appears.

I now use version 2.4 and when I choose Insert Chart... a Chart Wizard appears which does not incluse this option.

How do I insure that the finished chart will appear in a different sheet to the one in which the data are located?

Thank you.

Before selecting data, create the chart on the sheet where you want it and then select the data.

Start Wizard ; Get to Select data range, click on the Select Data range button ( right of the white bar) and then just click on whatever sheet that contains the data and select the data.
LibreOffice 6.4.3.2; Ubuntu 20.04
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Postby Eroica » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:40 pm

Rideaujrk wrote:Before selecting data, create the chart on the sheet where you want it and then select the data.

Start Wizard ; Get to Select data range, click on the Select Data range button ( right of the white bar) and then just click on whatever sheet that contains the data and select the data.

Thank you, Rideaujrk! That solved my problem. (Sorry for the delay in replying - I never got my email telling me that anyone had replied to my query!)

Eroica
Eroica

Return to Calc