Create your own filter

Discuss the spreadsheet application
skohner

Create your own filter

Post by skohner »

Hi, I will first explain what I´m talking about and then tell you what i wanna do.
When you make a table with a different headline for each column you have the option of doing a filter of the data according to a specific value or a formulae. The thing is that, that range of values that appear in the filter are those belonging to the different values of that column. What I want to do is that: when I start introducing the value in a cell, automatically it offers me a range of alternatives as if it was a filter, but not with the idea of doing a filer, but with the idea of writing the exact value and do not mistake it. The trick is that the range of values that need to appear are not values already belonging to that column, but a range of values belonging to another column, maybe in another datasheet.
Example:
In the total range of values I have 1000 different active ingredients, or drugs. So, I start writing "Amox" and instantly a little list of all the values with "Amox" in this range of 1000 values appear. In this list it may appear amoxiciline 30mg, amoxiciline 60 mg and amoxiciline 90 mg. So from those options I choose one of them and it automatically completes de rest of the word.

I hope I´ve been clear enough. Pardon if my english is not that good.

thank you
Santiago Kohner
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Create your own filter

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice