How to print a custom form?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Ilan

How to print a custom form?

Post by Ilan »

I am looking for some general advice on how to solve a problem.
I want to use Calc to keep track of many things, one of which is a person making a deposit.
The person in charge takes the deposit, enters it in Calc, and then presses a button which would print a receipt.

One way I can see to do this would be maybe with a Java script which would call Writer with a mail merge to a receipt form and have writer print it.
If this is the way to go, then I'd like a reference to a tutorial using Java script to do something similar.
If there is a better way, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks,
Ilan
OOo 3.0.X on Ubuntu 8.x + Windows XP
Safway
Volunteer

Re: How to print a custom form?

Post by Safway »

I think there is a better way to go other than Calc.

I believe what you want to accomplish is what Base (not Calc) is for. In fact, in your title "How do I print a custom FORM" indicates you want to use forms. That is what Base is for.

If you choose to use Base, then your form can be used for entering the deposit information. Your report would be used for printing the information you need. If you choose, you can place a button on the form to run/print a report with the information you need. Once the report is run you would simply print the report to your physical printer.

Consider using the SUN Report Builder extension http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/ .
If someone posts a fix for your question, then please post a quick thank you and then go to your first post, use the edit button to add [Solved] as the first word of the title so other people can rely on the fix as well.
LibreOffice 3.3.3 on Fedora