[Solved] How to put 2 cells info (text) into 1 cell

Discuss the spreadsheet application

[Solved] How to put 2 cells info (text) into 1 cell

Postby bekasu » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:14 am

I'm new to openoffice.
Windows Vista
Downloaded Openoffice yesterday.

I am trying to create a 3 sheet file.

Sheet 1 (renamed Customs Info): Lets the user key in info to be used to create a Canadian Customs Form. Column1 has the question, Column 2 lets the user put in the value.
Example: Ship To Name, Ship To Address1, Ship To City, Ship To Province, Ship To Country, Ship To Postal Code
Names: I created names for cells that I need on the form (for example, ShipToCity)

Sheet 2 (renamed Customs Form): Trying to replicate the Canadian Customs Form provided by their government.
I use the following formula to bring the value from Sheet1 to Sheet2: =ShipToCity

Sheet 3 (renamed Invoice): Generate a generic invoice on behalf of my distributor if they don't provide one.

Problem:
On Sheet 2, I want to put ShipToCity and ShipToProvince and ShipToCountry and ShipToPostalCode in one cell

Sheet 1 would have City as Sherbrooke, Province as Quebec, Country as Canada and Postal Code as J1V6R5
Sheet 2 should have, in one cell, ::: Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, J1V6R5

Notice there will be commas between the text values.

Attempts:
=ShipToCity+','+ShipToProvince+','+ShipToCountry+','+ShipToPostalCode which gives me #NAME?

=ShipToCity|','|ShipToProvince|','|ShipToCountry|','|ShipToPostalCode which gives me #NAME?

I'm sure its simple, but am perplexed on the keyword I should use to figure it out.
Last edited by bekasu on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
bekasu

SOLVED: How to put 2 cells info (text) into 1 cell

Postby bekasu » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:30 am

Guess I should have kept trying.

Using the following got the result i wanted.

=ShipToCity&","&ShipToProvince&","&ShipToCountry&","&ShipToPostalCode
bekasu

Return to Calc