[Solved] Removing filter

Discuss the spreadsheet application

[Solved] Removing filter

Postby gregmaine » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:43 am

I'm using OO3.4 in Windows 7 and having trouble removing filters. Sometimes, after I've created a filter, I can go to Data/Filter and "Remove Filter" is highlighted, allowing me to click on it and remove the filter that way. Other times "Remove Filter" is not highlighted, although the data showing on my spreadsheet is still filtered. I don't know how to get back to the unfiltered data in that situation. Any thoughts?
Last edited by gregmaine on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gregmaine

Re: Removing filter

Postby Villeroy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:17 am

Alternatively you can use Format>Rows>Show to unhide the leftovers of a lost filter.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Removing filter

Postby gerard24 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:54 am

gregmaine wrote:Sometimes, after I've created a filter, "Remove Filter" is highlighted... Other times "Remove Filter" is not highlighted.

When you go to Data > Filter, focused cell should be in the filtered area.
If you are outside filtered area, Remove filter is grayed out.
LibreOffice 6.4.5 on Windows 10
gerard24
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Removing filter

Postby rowan.bradley » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:29 pm

This doesn't work for me. I created a filter where column D contains the string "YK230436B". It worked, and hid all the rows which do not contain this string. But I can't remove the filter. If I select a cell in Column D (or indeed if I select the whole of column D), the Remove Filter item in the Data/Filter menu is still greyed out. Going to Format/Row/Show does nothing. How do I remove the filter?
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 8.1 X64
rowan.bradley

Re: [Solved] Removing filter

Postby rowan.bradley » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:40 pm

I think this may have been because this spreadsheet was originally an XLSX file created in Excel, and this may already have contained a filter. When I create the filter within OpenOffice, then the RemoveFilter menu is enabled and I can remove the filter OK. Nevertheless, presumably this is a problem that ought to be fixed.

Thanks - Rowan
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 8.1 X64
rowan.bradley

Return to Calc