How can I separate the columns in CORREL

Discuss the spreadsheet application

How can I separate the columns in CORREL

Postby cannibalz3 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi all,
I've got OpenOffice 2.4 onWindows XP, and I'm having trouble grasping some basic functionality.

When I try to correlate numbers from two different spreadsheets it works, however, if one of my data sets is not contiguous (ie, I have to skip a cell here and there), it doesn't seem to work. How can I do this?

Secondary question, DataPilot will only allow me a certain number of rows and columns - how can I input more?

Regards,
Cannibal
cannibalz3

Re: How can I separate the columns in CORREL

Postby Hagar Delest » Wed May 21, 2008 3:41 pm

For the second question, columns are limited to 8. You should subscribe and vote for it (up to 2 votes per issue) : [Issue] More than 8 datafields in datapilot?
AOO 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04 and 4.1.5 on Windows 10 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Re: How can I separate the columns in CORREL

Postby jrkrideau » Wed May 21, 2008 3:57 pm

cannibalz3 wrote:Hi all,
I've got OpenOffice 2.4 onWindows XP, and I'm having trouble grasping some basic functionality.

When I try to correlate numbers from two different spreadsheets it works, however, if one of my data sets is not contiguous (ie, I have to skip a cell here and there), it doesn't seem to work. How can I do this?
Regards,
Cannibal

I don't see any obvious way that you can do it. The syntax is =CORREL(D1:D8;A1:A8) and this does not allow you to string together more than one contiguous series for each data set. I think the easiest (?) way would be to copy one of the datasets into another column and run the correlation on it.
LibreOffice 6.4.3.2; Ubuntu 20.04
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Return to Calc