.XLSX support?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
so0ky

.XLSX support?

Post by so0ky »

I gotta do some data manipulation for my job. Unfortunately, the people in my office aren't too technically savy.

The file that I have to start with uses the .XLSX format. I try to open it with Open Office v 2.4, but I get a list of what are called "Filters." What are those exactly? If I select the proper filter, will the file be able to be opened by Open Office?

I guess the main question is does Open Office even open .xlsx files? Is there a list somewhere of all the file formats that OO opens?

Thanks for your help guys.
acknak

Re: .XLSX support?

Post by acknak »

Have you read the Survival Guide for the forum?

We encourage everyone to at least try a search before asking a question.

Try typing "xlsx" (or "docx") in the search box at the upper right.

If you still don't find an answer, just say so.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
bsheely

Post by bsheely »

"Try typing "xlsx" (or "docx") in the search box." I just wanted to point out to you that your advice - if you can call it that - was worthless given the fact that that yields "no results found."
so0ky

Post by so0ky »

Oh that's good.

Sorry, but I don't have the time to do a research project if a program can't open a certain file. That is fine. I'm not a coder, and I don't plan to be the last time I checked. Open Office is still an awesome program.

All I'm saying is that the most current version Open Office could not open a .xlsx file. Do what you will. Whatever I needed to get done got done.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

bsheely wrote:"Try typing "xlsx" (or "docx") in the search box." I just wanted to point out to you that your advice - if you can call it that - was worthless given the fact that that yields "no results found."
Typing "xlsx" in the search box gives 4 pages of hits, including (in first page) that sticky : MS Office 2007 file format (docx, xslx, pptx, ppsx) :roll:
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
so0ky

Post by so0ky »

What version OO did you have?
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

so0ky wrote:What version OO did you have?
Who are you talking to???
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
NoelLpz

Post by NoelLpz »

I was having the same problem. So I went to the Microsoft website and downloaded the Microsoft Office combatibility pack for office 2007. I installed it and I was able to open any office 2007 file in open office.