[Solved] Autofill Without Changing Format

Discuss the spreadsheet application

[Solved] Autofill Without Changing Format

Postby skycyclepilot » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Is there a way to Autofill a series of cells without changing the formatting of those cells? Specifically, I want to Autofill without changing the background colors of the cells. In Excel, you right drag the handle for the cells you want to fill, and when you release the click, you are given the option of filling without formatting. That doesn't work in Calc.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Windows 7 x64 - OpenOffice 3.2.1
skycyclepilot

Re: Autofill Without Changing Format

Postby MrProgrammer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Here's one way: Say we want to fill A1 into A2 though A17. Highlight A1 through A17, then Edit, Copy to save the formatting. Select A1 and drag the fill handle to A17. The formatting is lost but you can use Edit, Paste Special, uncheck all Selection options except Formats, OK and it will be restored. Hopefully someone has a more elegant way to do this.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800 on MacOS 10.14.6.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
MrProgrammer

Re: Autofill Without Changing Format

Postby skycyclepilot » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Clever solution. "Microsoft Office Home And Business" is $280. No OEM version. No Upgrade version... That's obscene. I'm trying to get away from it. If OpenOffice works well enough, it's bye-bye to Micro$$$oft.
Windows 7 x64 - OpenOffice 3.2.1
skycyclepilot

Return to Calc