How to or if able to make a survey?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
shallowz

How to or if able to make a survey?

Post by shallowz »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? 2.3
What Operating System (version) are you using? Windows xp pro
What is your question or comment?

i tried doing a Google search and typed in survey in the search field here but couldnt find anything.
i want to know if its possible and of course how to make a survey page?
i am a new user to openoffice i would love to make a quick simple survey for my local work intranet to ask a couple of questions. i would love to be able to set this survey up and get information quickly and easly.
i used Googles Docs to build a quick survey and i was hoping this could be done using OpenOffice thank you for your help
acknak

Re: how to or if able to make a survey?

Post by acknak »

Are you trying to make an interactive online survey, like you see on many web sites?

Or are you trying to make a paper survey you can pass out and then count responses by hand?

I think OOo would be fine for the second, and possible (but not a beginner project) for the first.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
shallowz

Re: how to or if able to make a survey?

Post by shallowz »

maybe this cant be done with an office product
i was just hoping
we have an internal web site so i wanted to add something on to it so people could fill out a survey and i could see the results in "Math"
each column would be the answers to each users answers and the rows would be the answers