[Solved] Unable to modify styles

Discuss the spreadsheet application
hawkinst

[Solved] Unable to modify styles

Post by hawkinst »

While working on a 2.3.1 Calc spreadsheet with several special styles, I created a new style from an existing one (via the style list). After applying the new style I realized I had to make more changes to it but when I right-clicked in the style list and selected "Modify..." nothing happened. I also was unable to delete the style, nor can I now edit or delete any of the custom styles. I had previously had no problem editing the custom styles. Any ideas about what may have changed?

XP Home SP 2 on Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM.
Last edited by hawkinst on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Unable to modify styles

Post by Villeroy »

It's one of those stupid things ... You can't edit the styles while a single sheet is protected. Probably you turned on sheet protection meanwhile.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
hawkinst

Post by hawkinst »

That would be it, then. I'm close to finishing this spreadsheet and had started turning protection on for some of the completed sheets. I don't suppose there's an easy way to turn protection on/off for the individual sheets other than selecting each one in turn? Going back and forth is getting old.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

You can select all sheets at once (contex-menu of sheet tabs) and unprotect. Then you can select a collection of sheets and protect again (Ctrl and/or Shift Click similar to multiple range selection).
At least with version 2.3.1.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
hawkinst

Post by hawkinst »

Got it. Thanks for the help.