[Solved] Linking cells

Discuss the spreadsheet application
mistermouse

[Solved] Linking cells

Post by mistermouse »

Hi Guys, just a quick question I am trying to put a balance from one sheet on to another (running balance across pages) have done this in excel successfully only I am new to Calc and I cannot transfer the formula or manage to insert it the correct way, calc keeps chaning my mistakes but still it does not work. any ideas. If you need more info I will supply it, great help last time. :? :? :?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as solved and changed the title (was "Spreadsheet again").
Hagar Delest

Re: Spreadsheets again!

Post by Hagar Delest »

Can you upload a small sample file here? Or give more details?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

The simplest method is to copy the cell and use the menu Edit >Paste special in the other spreadsheet. In the Paste special dialogue, select the option 'Link'.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
mistermouse

Post by mistermouse »

Thanks kingfisher, I was trying to use the same formula from a spreadsheet I had designed in Excel and was obviously not adjusting it for the simpler outcome I needed. You have saved me a great deal of time and frustration as I was going nowhere fast and becoming more and more irritated each time I tried to correct it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Thanks a million