Calc will not print in landscape

Discuss the spreadsheet application
yyyc186

Calc will not print in landscape

Post by yyyc186 »

OpenOffice 2.3
Ubuntu 64-bit AMD

Tried printing a spreadsheet in landscape on both Lexmark Optra C710 and HP OfficeJet T65. No matter how I change the printing properties in Calc it will not print in Landscape.
acknak

Re: Calc will not print in landscape

Post by acknak »

What happens when you print--does the ink go on the page in the wrong orientation?

What happens if you set the landscape option under File > Print > (printer) properties ?

If you export to PDF does that look right? Can you print that correctly?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
like2ct

Post by like2ct »

My two cents, after going today through a similar ordeal. This app needs some work in the print/page preview department.

I am using OO 2.2.1 for windoze but it's probably the same.

Under Pull down menu Format > Page > and then the page tab, you will see a paper orientation selection.

Good luck
Like2ct
Dugg

Post by Dugg »

Switched from Ooo Calc 2.3 to 2.4 in the hope that the inability to print (or preview) a spreadsheet in lansdcape. No such luck, the bug still persists. Havent tried to print as a PDF, which (if it works, is a pain). BTW, the apostrophe doesnt work in this exitor (as can be seen from the above).
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
swbrains

Post by swbrains »

Same here using 3.0 Beta. Tried setting printer properties through FIle->Printer Settings... as well as the Properties button on the Print... dialog. In both cases, the printer properties could be set to Landscape and the setting held if I dismissed and brought the dialog up again before printing, but when I printed it always came out portrait. (Printing to an HP Photosmart C6180 if that matters).
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

I have a spreadsheet formatted in landscape mode and it prints in landscape mode. It also shows up in print preview in landscape. I'm printing to a very old HP 710C using V2.4.1 XPPro SP2. I'm using the download available here http://www.openoffice.org/. Some of the Linux distros that have been modified are known to be quite buggy.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
swbrains

Post by swbrains »

Ok, I figured out my problem. Had to use Format->Page... to set the landscape mode on that dialog. I didn't know there even was a page formatting setup, but that did the trick.
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Glad you figured it out.

Please go to your first post and use the edit button, and then add [Solved] to the start of your title. You could also select the 'green tick' icon too.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust