[Solved] Page break preview in Calc

Discuss the spreadsheet application
kayar

[Solved] Page break preview in Calc

Post by kayar »

Hi

If I work on a sheet 1 of a spreadsheet in Calc and then click "Page Break Preview" no problem. It does what is is supposed to do, i.e. shows the page in white and outside the page in grey.

However, if I then move to sheet 2 and do the same thing, it goes grey to infinity with no sign of a page.

Can anyone help. I'm sure I'm missing something really simple but it's driving me mad.

Regards,
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
mriosv
Volunteer

Re: Pge break preview in Calc

Post by mriosv »

Is the print range to this sheet, well defined?
LibreOffice 3.5.4 AOo-3.4 on Win 7 Ultimate
kayar

Re: Pge break preview in Calc

Post by kayar »

Hi,

It won't let me define a print range in sheet 2.

Other oddities; When sheet 1 is active and I select Page preview, everything is fine. It displays page 1 of sheet 1

However, when sheet 2 is active and I select page preview, it displays a page of sheet 1. This is weird. Is my computer stuffed?

Regards
tn@BeWo
Volunteer

Re: Page break preview in Calc

Post by tn@BeWo »

You defined a print range that doesn't reach beyond sheet 1 page 1. Whatever page or sheet you you've selected while editing, print preview will show page 1/1 (which comes from sheet 1). Redefine your print ranges & enjoy.
P.s.: What command are you trying to use for defining? iirc it's something like Format/Printrange/Add...
I, personally prefer to define a named range with use as print range ('extended'? in the define name dialog) and add that one with the format menu command.
OOo 3.2.1 on ubuntu 10.4, MsWXP, MsW2k
kayar

Re: Page break preview in Calc

Post by kayar »

Thanks tn,

I've been away so only just read your note. Why it was doing that I don't know but at least now I know that when it does, it can be fixed.

Your info greatly appreciated.

Thanks