AutoFilter [Range Functions]

Discuss the spreadsheet application
gary

AutoFilter [Range Functions]

Post by gary »

Hi

I am using OpenOffice version 2.3.1 and have a problem with AutoFilter. On applying it to a range I get the combo box arrow at the top. After selecting and applying the Standard Filter option from the dropdown options I lose the combo box arrow ie Autofilter is deselected. Is this normal? In Excel choosing Custom (the Standard equivalent) leaves AutoFilter active.

Gary
Hagar Delest

Re: AutoFilter

Post by Hagar Delest »

Works fine for me. What's your OS?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I can reproduce this when I have two separate ranges side by side and apply a filter to one range and then another one to the second.
If the two ranges are supposed to be one, select the entire range and define it as one named database range (Menu:Data>Define...).
You can use separate database ranges side by side on the same sheet after naming each range separately. Be careful: Separate database ranges will be sorted independently from each other which may spoil your table if the lists where supposed to be one list actually.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
gary

Post by gary »

I am using Win XP SP2. Behaviour of Autofilter is a little chaotic. If there is a number in the cell containing the drop down arrow for Autofilter, this arrow can be filtered out as part of the filter action. Using Remove Filter from tools does not restore my sheet. Also remnants of the unfiltered screen often remain, which can be fixed by switching to another sheet and back. I am using a Radeon 9550 graphics card and the computer is extremely stable with all other applications.