Problems importing excel sheet

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Martin_mec

Problems importing excel sheet

Post by Martin_mec »

My company is trying to replace MS Office with openoffice 2.3 One of the first hurdles we came across was that some excel functions don't work anymore. I don't know the exact English word of the missing function (the Dutch word is "besturingselement") but I have made picture:
I hope this helps! Thanks in advance!
Dave

Re: Problems importing excel sheet

Post by Dave »

Martin_mec wrote:My company is trying to replace MS Office with openoffice 2.3 One of the first hurdles we came across was that some excel functions don't work anymore.
They wont. This is not Excel. It is Calc. All spreadsheet programs have some similarities, and many differences, like the spoken or written language.

To really understand a language [or a computer program] you have to think in that language, and make adjustments.

Solution: If you can, start in OpenOffice, use OpenOffice, and finish in OpenOffice.

You'll have many more difficulties trying to send an OpenOffice sheet including macros back to MS software.

David.
TerryE
Volunteer

Post by TerryE »

The core spreadsheet functions are cross compatible between Excel and Calc. Not sure what this one does. Any hints?
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

Try OOo novell edition, which is built with VBA support for Calc.
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=SfgHRzyafeg~
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin