[Solved] OpenOffice.org Document Recovery

Discuss the spreadsheet application
bigben

[Solved] OpenOffice.org Document Recovery

Post by bigben »

Dear All of you,

I have problem on opening .xls file on OOo Calc 3.1.0. This file contains some charts & formulas. When opening this file using Calc 3.1, it show up calculating for a while then after that it's crash and pop up OpenOffice.org Document Recovery.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to an unexpected error, OpenOffice.org crashed. All the files you were working on will now be saved. The next time OpenOffice.org is launched, your files will be recovered automatically.

The following files will be recovered:
(blank)

OK (button)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
After click OK, then pop up 'Welcome to the OpenOffice.org 3.1 Error Report' and end up with nothing to be opened.

N.B.: I can open same file using OOo Calc 3.0.1 without problem. So currently for work around, i am using back to old OpenOffice 3.0.1. OS: Win XP Pro SP3 x32 or Win Vista Business SP2 x32.

Any other users face up same problem with me? I think got problem on OOo 3.1.0 and also slower than before when opening file.
Thx alot.
Last edited by TheGurkha on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved].
Win Vista Business x32 SP2 & OOo 3.1.1. Win XP Pro SP3 x32 & OOo 3.1.1.
acknak

Re: OpenOffice.org Document Recovery

Post by acknak »

Can you attach the file you're having trouble with? If it consistently causes a crash, then it should be reported as a bug. You can use the "Upload Attachment" link (below the message entry area after you click "POST REPLY"). [Forum] How to attach a document here
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
bigben

Post by bigben »

Just to inform you that there is no problem on the release OOo 3.1.1 (Build:9420). I think the issue had been solved by this new version.
Thanks to dev team. :bravo:
Win Vista Business x32 SP2 & OOo 3.1.1. Win XP Pro SP3 x32 & OOo 3.1.1.
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Glad you got it sorted.

Does that sheet link out to other sheets? I think there was something fixed in that region of the code in 3.1.1.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust