Inputing a large amount of text into a cell

Discuss the spreadsheet application
operry

Inputing a large amount of text into a cell

Post by operry »

Hello,

I'm hoping dearly that someone may be able to assist me in this conundrum. I'm attempting to enter a lot of text (a report) into a cell, but once I get to a certain point CALC won't show what I'm entering. Instead, the text I'm entering just 'falls' off the screen, though you know it's there (this is to say that when you print it's still there). However, I really need to be able to see the text I'm entering in this case. I should also note that despite showing the inputed text in other cells, when I click on the cell with the 'report' (i.e. a lot of text) the input bar is blank - even though I can still enter information from it. Furthermore, when I'm scrolling down the sheet at a certain point the page just jumps completely past the cell with the large amount of text.

Note: In the meantime, I've taken to just typing out all the information in the word processor and then C&P it into the cell. Is this the best I can hope for? I remember that in Excel all the cell's input popped up in a way that you could easily edit it. CALC, on the other hand, doesn't do this.

BTW, sorry if this question requires more clarity. If you find it difficult to understand, please let me know and I can do my best to clarify.

Best regards,

OP :D
Dave

Re: Inputing a large amount of text into a cell

Post by Dave »

CTRL-ENTER will drop down a line within the cell when typing.

David.