DATA GROUP/UNGROUP

Discuss the spreadsheet application

DATA GROUP/UNGROUP

Postby Bataj » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:21 am

Hello

Can anybody help me ?

My grouped rows contains some form controls in one column cells (check or radio buttons) anchored to cells. When group command was applied they were ordered one over each other so I can access to the last bottom control. But after ungrouping they keep their grouped position. Where is the problem, may be I use wrong embeding command. However, I tried open this grouped worksheet in MS Excel and everything works fine.

Thanks for any hint.
Bataj

Re: DATA GROUP/UNGROUP

Postby Villeroy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:22 am

1. This is not Excel, never has been Excel and -most important- never will be Excel. This is the spreadsheet component of a completely different office application. This component tries to mimic some of (old) Excel's look and feel and tries to do a good job when loading Excel documents.
2. Yes, all the objects that can be attached to a draw page of a sheet behave weird when the underlying cells move or hide. Simply use hyperlinks instead of push buttons, true/false values instead of check boxes and list-validation instead of list boxes. Form controls don't behave well in a "living spreadsheet" with moving cells. Their main purpose is to be used in data aware forms connected to databases.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Return to Calc