[Solved] Forgotten Password

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Forgotten Password

Post by Lupp »

If you remove the string
table:protected="true" table:protection-key="K7O251GdsyeKg54HeoSQ5ak3goc="
and save back the changed content.xml into the .ods archive, your Sheet1 should be unprotectd. What did happen to you when you tried?

As Villeroy already stated changing "true" behind protected= to "false" would also do. However there was a typo in his post:
"protected=false"
instead of
protected="false"
Was this your problem?
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
GiveMeMyDew

Post by GiveMeMyDew »

Finally found it!!! What a pain!!!
Thanks
Apache Open Office 4.1.2
Windows 7

GiveMeMyDew
Fibbee

Post by Fibbee »

Can anyone here please try and unlock this calc file for me?

I have tried and failed.
Attachments
SIM TRACK RECORD FULL.ods
(23.97 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 7
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

Read my answer here: https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question ... get-fired/

Your document is not a case of the (very weak) password protection of one or more sheets. It is encrypted with the password.

The chance you get access again is heavily depending on what you can remember of the password. If you find a way to generate a few thousand possible password strings, you may do it (in a spreadsheet column) and paste the resulting range into column B (starting with B2) of the spreadsheet I attached to the mentioned post. In addition you need to enter the correct full filepath into cell A2. The rest is waiting and hoping then.

Without knowing anything narrowing down the range of possible passwords it's useless for anynody here to start an attempt.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

See Unable to open p/word protected file anymore for a discussion of how passwords work in AOO.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.