[Solved] Jumping to unwanted Column and Line

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Barb Cosby

[Solved] Jumping to unwanted Column and Line

Post by Barb Cosby »

I wanted to input a figure in Column T Line 1 but when I would start Calc jumped me to Column BC Line 18. I repeatedly tried to correct by changing the box in the upper left hand corner from BC18 to T18. That did not work. I look forward to receiving word from someone on how to correct this problem. Thank you. Barb
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
acknak

Re: Jumping to unwanted Column and Line

Post by acknak »

Hmm, never seen that before.

What exactly are you trying to enter in cell B1? Is it a simple number, or a formula?

Does Calc jump as soon as you start typing in cell B1, or when you end your entry? If the latter, how do you end your entry: by Enter? Tab? Something else?

When it jumps to BC18, what happens if you type Esc (escape key--keyboard upper left)?

Those are just some random thoughts--any more detail you can provide would be helpful.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
JohnV
Volunteer

Post by JohnV »

when I would start Calc jumped me to Column BC Line 18.
When you open a Calc document you will normally be returned to your last edit position.
tried to correct by changing the box in the upper left hand corner from BC18 to T18. That did not work.
Did you tap Enter after changing it to T18?
Barb Cosby

Post by Barb Cosby »

The escape button did the trick. Thank you. You made my day. Barb Cosby
Barb Cosby

Re: [Solved] Jumping to unwanted Column and Line

Post by Barb Cosby »

Again my open office 2.2 is jumping from a column to another column. I am typing in a figure (1722). It immediately jumps to another cell row and line. Or it jumps to the next line down. I have tried the Escape button again. I have typed in the cell I want and hit enter and it goes to the cell, but them drops down to the next cell. Just now it had a email from my son that downloaded Open Office for me show up in the middle of my Calc chart. Hope you have some answers for me as I am extremely frustrated. I am used to using Excel and know that program well. We were just trying to get rid of our Microsoft stuff. Look forward to your suggestions. Barb
acknak

Re: [Solved] Jumping to unwanted Column and Line

Post by acknak »

I'm not sure what to suggest. I can't be sure without being there, but I can't think of any setting or function in Calc that would make it behave that way.

You could always try an installation "repair". If that didn't help, perhaps a re-install from scratch would do it. But without looking at it myself, that's just a shot in the dark.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23