Buttons don't work

Discuss the spreadsheet application

Buttons don't work

Postby rltw » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:52 pm

I've installed a program called WWPA Design Suite which is meant to run under Excel, which I don't own. The program opens, but none of the buttons which open the elements of the suite function - i.e., they respond visibly to mouse clicks, but nothing happens. Those elements reside in .xls files which I can open and run under Calc, but none of those buttons work either. I can still run calculations, but there are parameters I can't modify.

Ideas?

Win2K, OO 2.3
rltw

Re: Buttons don't work

Postby Villeroy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:17 pm

This office suite can open most Excel documents fairly well. But running a program which is meant to run under Excel is a completely different thing. This is technically (*almost) impossible.

* There are onging efforts to reach so called "VBA compatibility". This allows running some simple code which had been written to control the Excel application. At least it saves some time when a programmer needs to "translate" the coded actions to work with this application. The implementation of toolbars, buttons and menu items is another issue, which may never be resolved.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Buttons don't work

Postby rltw » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:52 pm

That's what I was afraid of, but thanks for answering anyway.
rltw

Return to Calc