[Solved] Installed new fonts -> Sheet tab fonts change too

Discuss the spreadsheet application

[Solved] Installed new fonts -> Sheet tab fonts change too

Postby johncruise » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:16 am

Version: 2.0 and 2.4-OOodev

Just the other day, I was looking for fonts to use for creating some logos using GIMP. I've installed quite a few of them (30+) into the \Windows\fonts folder and the next day when I decided to edit some of my spreadsheet, I've noticed the sheet's tab below the window (those that has default text "Sheet1", "Sheet2", and "Sheet3") have changed fonts also. When the sheet is in focus, it uses the same old font (I think Arial or something similar) but the unfocused sheets have been using the new fonts I installed which is unreadable (script-type font and also really small).

I've searched the Options window and couldn't find any to set this font. I've searched also \Program Files\OpenOfficexxx and OOo-dev 2.4 directories but couldn't find anything there so far. Couldn't find anything close to this problem in Google & newsgroups & here as well (I may well be the first one to see this problem, or maybe nobody bothers reporting it)

So question is, how do I reset those sheet tab fonts back to default?

Thanks in advance!

John
Last edited by johncruise on Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johncruise

Re: Installed new fonts -> Sheet tab fonts changed as well

Postby acknak » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Very odd.

The only option I know if that deals with UI fonts is Tools > Options > OO.org > View > Use system font for user interface. The "Scaling" option there changes the size of the UI font.

However, those options should affect all UI labels: menus, dialogs, tabs, etc. Since you're seeing the problem only in one place, it sounds like it may be something different.

You can try changing those settings and see if maybe you can get back to the default.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Re: Installed new fonts -> Sheet tab fonts changed... (FIXED)

Postby johncruise » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:24 am

Thanks acknak for checking out. Yes, to be more precise, the changes went to all windows/dialog boxes that has tabs (for example, the tabs of the Customize window under Tools->Customize have the weird fonts also). I just thought that I'd start with the property sheet since it is a very common place to look into.

Going back to the solution, I've tried "unchecking" the option "Use system font for user interface" and that solved the problem.

Again, thanks for pointing me to the right directions.

Best regards,

John
johncruise

Postby acknak » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:52 am

Great!

If someone else with a Windows setup can confirm this, I'd say it should be reported as a bug. The tab labels should not be picking up some random font.

You've not played with your system font settings (a theme or something), have you?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Postby johncruise » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:53 pm

Nope. Never played with the system font settings. All I did was download a bunch of fonts and drag it in the \Windows\Fonts folder and it manifested itself already. Might be a Windows bug instead. (changing original topic to Solved)

Best regards...
johncruise

Return to Calc