Thanks very much too, Bobban (and Hasaf for asking the question). You've just helped me a lot
I'd created a document in the pre-release version of Openoffice.org 3.0 - from some data sent to me in an excel file- then found when I installed the shiny new 3.0, lots of my calculations were invalid as blank cells were no longer being read as having a value of zero (at least, that's what I think happened). Anyway, there were lots of calculations based on this data , and there was a lot of data - that's why I was using 3.0 in the first place - for all its lovely extra columns. And it was all spoiled.
It seemed that as I can't find and replace blank cells, a macro was my only option, but I know nothing about them. Luckily I found this thread, changed "absent" in your code to "0", and it worked. I can't tell you how happy it made me to watch the macro work its way through 96,000 cells, and to see all the #VALUE!s disappear.
So you've saved me a lot of trouble, and also helped me make my first foray into the murky world of macros. Cheers!
Last edited by mooncalf
on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.