[Solved] Pivot Table not showing all elements of PAGE defini

Discuss the spreadsheet application
ScubaPix

[Solved] Pivot Table not showing all elements of PAGE defini

Post by ScubaPix »

I recently upgraded to 4.1.11 and now a spreadsheet that has been working for years quit working. I have defined a Pivot Table with 2 items in the PAGE definition. One is Acct which has the first names of my 5 grandkids in the spreadsheet. But now the Pivot table has the info for only one grandkid. Alphabetically, it is the first grandkid. The other item in the PAGE definition is YEAR and it has all the years of data. I have 2 other Pivot Tables defined off the same data and they are working fine, but neither has Acct in the PAGE definition.

I have fixed this problem but wanted to document the issue. If this belongs elsewhere, please move it. The solution is to open the Pivot Table, throw away the PAGE definition giving trouble, open the Pivot Table and then add back the PAGE definition you threw away.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Pivot Table not showing all elements of PAGE definition

Post by Villeroy »

Nobody can tell without seeing a document demonstrating the issue. [Forum] How to attach a document here.

Possibly you should upgrade to version 7.2 of the successor to OpenOffice: https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/li ... penoffice/ which is not perfect but by far better maintained.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
ScubaPix

Re: Pivot Table not showing all elements of PAGE definition

Post by ScubaPix »

As I said originally, I fixed the problem. I can't upload the problem.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Pivot Table not showing all elements of PAGE de

Post by Villeroy »

OpenOffice is dead. This user forum is the most active part of the entire project. No developer will read this. You can file an issue on the bug tracker https://bz.apache.org/ooo/ but I doubt that this issue will ever be fixed.

The project has been forked more than 10 years ago and the other branch is way more successful.
https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/li ... penoffice/
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
ScubaPix

Re: [Solved] Pivot Table not showing all elements of PAGE de

Post by ScubaPix »

Thanks for the input. I’ve downloaded LibreOffice and am trying it out. So far so good.