[Solved] Preserve cell background when applying style

Discuss the spreadsheet application
vstarc16

[Solved] Preserve cell background when applying style

Post by vstarc16 »

Hi everybody!

I have the following problem: I use conditional formatting to change font attributes in a cell based on it value, it is done by using styles. Although in a specific style Cell background is set to No Fill, when conditional formatting is applied it changes call background to white, although the background was manually set to different color (e.g. amber) before any value was entered (default is empty cell). I use these manually entered cell background colors as markings for some events (I do complicated working schedule in a Calc).

Internet search did not yield in any results. There is lot of topics how to change cell background with conditional formatting, but I was not able to find single topic how to preserve cell background that was previously manually changed.

Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by vstarc16 on Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.1.X on Ms Vista
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Preserve cell background when applying style

Post by Zizi64 »

although the background was manually set to different color (e.g. amber)
You can not apply partially the property set of a Cell Style. Use the Styles for the "base formatting" too. Create and use different Cell Styles for the differently formatted cells in the applied CF function.

PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
vstarc16

Re: SOLVED - Preserve cell background when applying style

Post by vstarc16 »

Thanks! I will try LO too.
OOo 3.1.X on Ms Vista