[Solved] Buttons are missing text; graphic looks bad

Discuss the spreadsheet application
havi

[Solved] Buttons are missing text; graphic looks bad

Post by havi »

Hi,
I've build an accountingsystem in Calc. Yesterday when I opened the sheet some of my buttons seemed to be destroyed. I coud use them but there is no text and the graphic itself look rather bad. Someone who knows what has happend? Or better, how I can restore them?
Have a look at the attached file.
Attachments
btnDestroyed.png
btnDestroyed.png (2.6 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
Last edited by havi on Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards, Harald
Libre Office 7.2.7.2 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Calc, buttons

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload a real, ODF type sample file here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
havi

Post by havi »

Heres an ODF. I've removed all macroes
Attachments
btnCrash.ods
(25.14 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Regards, Harald
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

You are using a background image for the buttons (graphical "Zebra" label), but the image is not optimized/aligned to the button size. When you enlarge the button shape, the image will be fully appeared.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
havi

Re: Buttons are missing text; graphic looks bad

Post by havi »

Thanks! It sounds strange but I have not set any background image for any button :) What I have done is to set a background image for one sheet. And it was some time after that a lot of my buttons appeared like this. Well, well, I caant either figure out how to remove the background image. In fI cant find any images for any button when I look at the properties for the buttons. But I obviously dont look at the right thing. Would been thankful if you could tell me a litle step by step how to do it! :-)
Regards, Harald
cwolan

Post by cwolan »

@havi

Could you please check the attached file?
Attachments
testFILE.ods
(10.92 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
OpenOffice 1.1.5 – 4.1.15
LibreOffice 6.4.7 – 7.6.5
Windows 7,10,11 64-bit
havi

Post by havi »

Yes thats my button with my text. But what has happend?? And how do I get all my buttons like what they was? I see that I can replace the button with a imagebutton, and then I get the zebra-image. And thats image is one of two images which I have placed on one other sheet. It looks like I have populated the image to the buttons in some way, but I have ever ment to do it, and I have not used any button property to hold any image. And when I check the properties for my buttons there is no zebra-image. How is the iamge then held to the button? For me it seemes very strange.
Regards, Harald
cwolan

Post by cwolan »

First of all, I must emphasize that I am only a regular LibreOffice user. I can't give any reasonable explanation for what you described. Surely on this forum there are people with in-depth knowledge of form controls in LibreOffice.

What I did to your file "btnCrash.ods" was quite elementary.
I unzipped the file, removed all references to the zebra-image and zipped the file - extension changed to .ods.
(see the attached archive "HowTo.zip").
havi wrote:And when I check the properties for my buttons there is no zebra-image.
The "Properties: Push Button" dialog, the "Graphics" control shows "nothing" indeed. If you just click the drop-down button and close the dialog, you won't see the zebra-image, only the button's label.

On the side note:
1. LibreOffice Bugzilla lists few reports on problem with form controls and images.
2. Frankly, the way LibreOffice handles adding graphics to a control surprises me a bit - compared with OpenOffice.
Attachments
HowTo.zip
(23.97 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
OpenOffice 1.1.5 – 4.1.15
LibreOffice 6.4.7 – 7.6.5
Windows 7,10,11 64-bit
havi

Post by havi »

Tank you, indeed!
Regards, Harald
havi

Post by havi »

Thanks to evryone for help. Anyway I have to give it up. I have tried to unzip and zip the file, but I do something wrong so LO wont open the file after zipping it. What I really cant understand is why one image on one sheet should be populated to a bunch of buttons :roll: When I examine the mainfest.xml it's really that which has happend. But how I cant understand. And its really confusing that the image-porperty of the buttons have no data at all :?

I dont mark this topic as resolved, because it's not. But I either do no efforts to resolve it. I rather have to insert new buttons and hope LO do not mess it up again.
Last edited by havi on Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Harald
havi

Post by havi »

My last comment on this thread. I have fixed my project. What I had to do was rather similar to what @cwolan adviced me: I opened the properties toolbox, opened the empty image-list, and then also opened the Open-dialog for inserting an image. So I escaped this, and viola the image was gone from the button. Sometimes I had to do it twice.

I suggest there may be a bug when closing the workbook, because I did not load any image to any button. When I examined the manifest.xml almost every button was defined with the image that I used as a image on the "menu-sheet" - and it was first when I opened the file I became aware of the situation, it was not during the workday when I placed the picture.

I mark this thread as solved because I now know what to do if this should appear agian, but it is not solved that way that I know why it happened or how I can avoid it.
Regards, Harald