[Solved] LibreOffice Online implementations

Discuss the spreadsheet application
garysch37

[Solved] LibreOffice Online implementations

Post by garysch37 »

There is a group of us that would like to collaborate remotely (over the Internet) on a spreadsheet that we create, one that would probably sit on a cloud server somewhere. One option for us is LibreOffice Online (besides Google Sheets & Zoho). So I'm trying to find implementations of LibreOffice Online. So far I have found:
  • (1) Collabora Office (https://www.collaboraoffice.com/collabora-online/), which looks like a full implementation (well, getting there), including real time collaboration with simultaneous multiuser editing. Q1. But I'm not sure whether it handles conflicts yet--it had not as of a 2019 video I watched. Q2. And I don't know whether it can work with any of the free cloud storage servers.

(2) The LibreOffice Editor web browser extensions for Chrome & Firefox (https://www.offidocs.com/index.php/prod ... extensions). Q3. But it looks like those browser extensions only allow single-user-at-a-time editing, though it's not clear to me.
I am wondering whether I'm correct in identifying these two products as possible solutions for me, whether there are any others, and what the answers are to the things I wasn't sure about above (Q1-3). We are a nonprofit organization run by volunteers, so I'm just trying to find the best and cheapest solution.

Thanks,
Gary
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Searching for LibreOffice Online implementations

Post by Villeroy »

garysch37 wrote:We are a nonprofit organization run by volunteers, so I'm just trying to find the best and cheapest solution.
The Document Foundation is a nonprofit organisation too. I wonder how they can afford the server capacities for everybodie's cloud office.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
garysch37

Post by garysch37 »

Villeroy wrote:
garysch37 wrote:We are a nonprofit organization run by volunteers, so I'm just trying to find the best and cheapest solution.
The Document Foundation is a nonprofit organisation too. I wonder how they can afford the server capacities for everybodie's cloud office.
I don't think TDF at all provides cloud storage. It would be third parties that may do that in their implementations of TDF source code, or those implementations may allow connections to fourth party cloud servers (e.g. DropBox, OneDrive, etc.) that end users use. Gary
pharmankur

Post by pharmankur »

You can try NextCloud

They have most of the things you want
Free - Opensource - Self hosted cloud - Out of the box online office implementation.
Libreoffice on Linux Mint
garysch37

Post by garysch37 »

pharmankur wrote:You can try NextCloud

They have most of the things you want
Free - Opensource - Self hosted cloud - Out of the box online office implementation.
Thank you, I'll check them out. Gary