[Solved] Totaling income in a basic checking ledger

Discuss the spreadsheet application
mark-ram

[Solved] Totaling income in a basic checking ledger

Post by mark-ram »

I have a basic spreadsheet that functions well for me but I need to modify it for a young friend to use. What I need is a how to formula to add her doordash income total. That in itself I could do but she has a twist in her spending that loses me on a formula. She has also purchased food from doordash which shows as a negative entry. Both types of withdrawal and Income from doordash show as doordash in the payee column. What I need is if it is a negative amount (withdrawal) to not be counted in the total leaving only the deposits to be counted from doordash. The payee entries vary only by a date for her income but vary a lot on her purchases.
income payee info: DoorDash, Inc. 08/30 PMNT RCVD Visa Direct CA
purchases from doordash: DOORDASH*BURGER KING 04/22 PURCHASE http://WWW.DOORDASH. CA
Here is a sample of what I have so far that is working. I would greatly appreciate any help I may get and thank you for your time.
sample.png
Last edited by mark-ram on Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Libreoffice 6.4.7.2 Linux Mint 20.2
FJCC

Re: totaling income in a basic checking ledger

Post by FJCC »

It seems like you could use a SUMIF() function to sum only positive numbers. I am not sure where you want this formula to be. Would the formula

Code: Select all

SUMIF(C7:C8;">0")
in A2 give you what you want?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

You could use the (undocumented) SUMIFS function, which is similar to the SUMIF function (already exampled), but allows for multiple conditions
Alternatively the SUMPRODUCT function, which Is well documented and has a tutorial would be another option.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
mark-ram

Post by mark-ram »

Sorry for the delayed return, was across the street at a neighbors house visiting. I thank you for your time and will see if I can get this working. Have a great Day.
mark-ram

Post by mark-ram »

FJCC wrote:It seems like you could use a SUMIF() function to sum only positive numbers. I am not sure where you want this formula to be. Would the formula

SUMIF(C7:C8;">0")
in A2 give you what you want?
Sorry to bother you again but the date in her payee text i'm using in the criteria changes with each pay period.

DoorDash, Inc. 08/16 PMNT RCVD Visa Direct CA
Is there a way to exclude the date in that criteria? My formula so far is this

=SUMIF(B6:B3000,"DoorDash, Inc. 01/01 PMNT RCVD Visa Direct CA",C6:C3000)
Also FYI I haven't decided where the result will be placed yet.
FJCC

Re: Totaling income in a basic checking ledger

Post by FJCC »

You may be able to shorted the criteria to just "Doordash". Give that a try.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.