Assign control key for specified cell formatting

Discuss the spreadsheet application
RonOO

Assign control key for specified cell formatting

Post by RonOO »

I have been using spreadsheets since they started in CPM and Calc for a very long time. In one of my weekly spreadsheets I colour a box red to note I have finished updating something. I can use Bold to mark it. I also use other colours but not so importantly. How can I join this to a control key? I can create macros but not for this simple thing.
I must be getting too old now. My last query was about getting brackets wrong in a very complex group of Vlookups for calculating my Seniors Tax concession.
Ron
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 10
robleyd

Re: How to assign a control key

Post by robleyd »

There is a keyboard shortcut - Ctrl+B - that will toggle bold on/off in the active cell. See Keyboard Shortcuts for more information.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Always better to operate with the Custom Cell Styles - instead of the manual (direct) formatting method.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Format a cell any way you want with font, borders, colours, orientation, number format and stuff.
Ctrl+Click the cell, so it is highlighted.
Hit F11 for the stylist window and drag the cell into the stylist. Give a name to the new cell style.
Now you can apply the exact same set of formatting attributes by selecting arbitrary cell range(s) and double-clicking the style name.
You can also assign keyboard shortcuts to styles.
When you right-click>modify a cell style, the change takes effect on all cells in the same document sharing the same style.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice