Using DDE and a macro Calc fails to shut down

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Phillip

Using DDE and a macro Calc fails to shut down

Post by Phillip »

After editing my personal accounts spreadsheet which has a DDE link to another s/s, Calc stays as an active process after closing the s/s.
Happens after running any of my macros (e.g. Alt+C to copy previous cell) - see attached.
Occurs regardless of "update links" done or not.

Opening another spreadsheet fails, duplicating all the processes.

Also odd side effect when this happens - disables Ctrl+C / Ctrl +V in Windows - explorer, Notepad etc, which alerts me to the problem.
Force closing soffice.bin in Windows task manager works - any ideas of a better solution?
Attachments
Shows processes not closed down
Shows processes not closed down
Test Linked by DDE.ods
(8.17 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Test.ods
(9.22 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic from Calc forum to Macros and UNO API
Open Office 4.1.11, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Phillip

Re: Using DDE and a macro Calc fails to shut down

Post by Phillip »

Update: The failure of the open office processes to shut down when the last Calc spreadsheet is closed, requiring a manual "End Process" of "soffice.bin *32" in Windows 7 Task Manager can be reproduced by:
Using "Test.ods" - select any row, then copy the row - type "Ctrl+ Numpad 7" to run macro "GetFormula".
Then select the row where you want to insert the copied row, then insert multiple rows by repeatedly typing "Ctrl+numpad 8" to run macro "PutFormulaShDwn".
Calc successfully inserts the required number of rows - finishing a short while after you have finished typing.

Is there an error in my Open Office Basic macros? (Tools > Macros > Organise Macros > Open Office Basic > My Macros > Standard > Module1).
Or simply that Calc cannot handle repeatedly starting the same macro, when it is already running?
Open Office 4.1.11, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit