Invoice and client list

Discuss the spreadsheet application
acm_fabricates

Invoice and client list

Post by acm_fabricates »

Hello to everyone,
this is my first post on this forum, im neewbie in LibreOffice world. Recently i have move my office work completly on Linux from Windows.
Sice im running my small business start-up i need somehow to write my invoices. Before on Windows platform i had small software which i cant use anymore because company who maked software doesnt exist anymore ( software was clous based ).
Now i started to use LibreOffice Calk template ( https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en/e ... generation ).
Template works great even after few modifications which i maked ( company details, translation on German language etc ), but now i have little problem which i dont know how to solve ( i didnt use office tools since my high school ) and that is automated import client data from client list.

Inside of template i have added one more sheet called "client list" and i have filled 15 rows with "clients", i have few columns for basic data ( client number, name, adress, post, town, country, phone, email ).

my idea is that start invoice template and choose "Invoice_easy_to_add" type of invoice and choose client by client number/name and that template autofill all another data automaticaly.

i googled good hour but i didnt found any practical solution. maybe i dont know how to google correct hints :(

if someone can help me whit some idea/link/tutorial etc i would be really thankful.

cheers ,
Alex
LibreOffice 7.1.5.2 on Ubuntu 20.04
robleyd

Re: Invoice and client list - help needed

Post by robleyd »

Cross posted at https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question ... ient-list/

If you cross post, please let us know that you have done so, otherwise it leads to several discussions and a waste of time because several identical answers may be posted by different users.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

100% of all professional accounting solutions are based on a database. These application never use any spreadsheets except for export. You can not store lists of products, clients and client's invoices consistently in a spreadsheet. At least, I have not seen any spreadsheet that could be more than a mock-up.
If you really feel the need to build your own invoicing solution, you should learn database development. Even the worst database tool (which is Libre/OpenOffice Base) is better than the best spreadsheet (which is Excel). [Example] Invoice Forms (without macros)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
acm_fabricates

Post by acm_fabricates »

@Villeroy
I think excel will do thing for me cos i have in total 30 clients and 5 products. Database will maybe be too much for me. I see that you comming from Germany, so my type of startup is kelingewerbe and im not obligated to have some " professional" accounting solution. but i will try with this what you gave me in your answer.

thanks
LibreOffice 7.1.5.2 on Ubuntu 20.04