[Solved] Auto fill Cells Based On Drop Down Selection

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Trek_Fan

[Solved] Auto fill Cells Based On Drop Down Selection

Post by Trek_Fan »

Hello!

1st I would like to point out I am very new to OpenOffice and am learning as I go. I have attached a sample calc document to show what I am trying to do.

The 1st sheet is a "Master" list of parts with all their associative values (purchase price, purchase qty, etc).

The next couple sheets are like a product configurator per se. Only the green shaded boxes would require input. I am trying to use the drop down to select the proper product and have the cells shaded in yellow autofill accordingly.

I have looked at and am reading about the INDEX function, but not sure if that is the right course of action. I am not sure about the right function to use, so I could search it in the forums to see what has already been accomplished. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks!
Attachments
sample.ods
(9.39 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 4.1.9
FJCC

Re: Auto fill Cells Based On Drop Down Selection

Post by FJCC »

See row 8 of the Product 1 sheet in the attached file for an example of using the VLOOKUP function.
You will need to change the displayed text of your hyperlinks to have a meaningful display in those cells.
Attachments
Sample_fjcc.ods
(9.96 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Trek_Fan

Re: Auto fill Cells Based On Drop Down Selection

Post by Trek_Fan »

@fjcc

That's awesome! It is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you so much !
OpenOffice 4.1.9