Calc changes position/size of window

Discuss the spreadsheet application
pecohen

Calc changes position/size of window

Post by pecohen »

The latest release of OO caused some problems for me, specifically in Calc. They are annoying though not serious, but perhaps someone can suggest a fix for one of them.

The problem that is still bothering me is that each time I start up Calc it re-sizes the window and changes it's position to something other than I left it in the prior session. Of course I can resize it and re-position it but in the past it did not force me to jump through these hoops each time I opened it. It even happens when I've just minimized the window and re-opened it.

The second problem seems to be a one-time problem, but it did slow me down for a day or two after the last update. The problem is that in the update, my "recent files" were simply wiped out.
OpenOffice 4.1.10 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Issues with new release

Post by RusselB »

Both of these problems can be due to a corrupt OpenOffice User Profile.
Please check and change your forum signature to properly reflect your OpenOffice and Operating system versions.
You update these through the User Control Panel
If you are still using Windows XP, then instructions for resetting your OpenOffice User Profile can be found here
However, if you are using Windows 10, then instructions can be found here
Please note that resetting your user profile will cause you to lose customizations, thus backing up your current profile and then incorporating sections of the backed up profile into a new, good, profile, is recommended.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.