[Solved] Formula to sum values for codes in a row

Discuss the spreadsheet application
RaezoR

[Solved] Formula to sum values for codes in a row

Post by RaezoR »

I have a working spreadsheet that is for a Turnus / Shift work.

The Calendar has, week number, Mondays date in that week, then shift codes under the days, horizonatally in the first 2 rows, and so on.

Code: Select all

Week # -   Date -      Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday - Friday - Saturday - Sunday 
2          03.01.22    DSV      DSV       DSV         DSV        F1       D1SV       AFDV  

I work shifts that have different codes like DSV or D1SV, these codes are listed at the bottom of the sheet in a row (A56), with a value (work hours) in next cell in row (B56).

I need to add up the work hours in each week and divide them by 7.

The challenge is that the formula has to find different codes through the week and add all the hours together and divide to give the answer I am looking for.

I would appreciate some help on this, as searches didn't really help.

Please find file attached.
Attachments
RaezoR Shiftwork Calendar 2022.ods
(21.17 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Open Office 4.1.7. Windows 10 PRO - 20H2
FJCC

Re: HELP - Need Formula for horizontal values

Post by FJCC »

Please upload a small sample file showing your layout. To upload a file, click PostReply and look for the Upload Attachment tab just below the box where you type a response.
Does every day have a code, so there are no blank cells?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
MrProgrammer

Re: HELP - Need Formula for horizontal values

Post by MrProgrammer »

Thank you for the attachment. See column J in mine. VLOOKUP gets the values for your codes and SUMPRODUCT adds them.
202106252046.ods
(25.04 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
[Tutorial] VLOOKUP questions and answers
[Tutorial] The SUMPRODUCT function
RaezoR wrote:I work shifts that have different codes like DSV or D1SV, these codes are listed at the bottom of the sheet in a row (A56), with a value (work hours) in next cell in row (B56).
I found your list at A56 to be incomplete. For example it does not have ASV, which is the code in C30:E30 of your attachment. I created my own list in the Codes sheet so you should review the values that I chose for my example.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
RaezoR

Re: Need formula for horizontal values

Post by RaezoR »

Many thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
Open Office 4.1.7. Windows 10 PRO - 20H2