Color-code cells without styles

Discuss the spreadsheet application
LittleElse

Color-code cells without styles

Post by LittleElse »

Edit: Split from Can I Color-Code Cells in a Column? since this is a different question from a new person in a solved topic. 
Hi. I have a similar question except that I would like to apply the background colour dynamically using the hex values in a cell rather than preset styles.
LC
Apache open office 4.1.9
Windows 10
MrProgrammer

Re: Color-code cells without styles

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
LittleElse wrote: I would like to apply the background colour dynamically using the hex values in a cell rather than preset styles.
[Solved] Set Cell Color based on RGB values in a cell

Using the standard user interface, the only way to set background color is with the color palette.
[Solved] Palettes and Smooth colors in OpenOffice

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: Color-code cells without styles

Post by Lupp »

The above linked thread just got a new post.
The workaround demonstrated there isn't recommended for everyday work, or at least only for useres ready to face the pitfalls of tricky solutions.
The example was made with LibO 7.1. To apply the scheme under AOO will require some reworking.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München