[Solved] Create layout for locksmith master key system

Discuss the spreadsheet application
drlock

[Solved] Create layout for locksmith master key system

Post by drlock »

The information not in the grid is user entered data. Within the grid is formula created data using =if function

Progression sequence shows the order each column to be advanced. Progression column 1, the numbers advance each row.PC 2 is advanced every 4, PC 3 advanced ecery 16. The example I have is all cut and paste. What I am trying to do is to automaticly fill in spread sheet according to the progression sequence in whatever order the numbers are. I am looking for any suggestions or formulas that will help me accomplish this
Attachments
chart.odt
(21.56 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Last edited by drlock on Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office 4.1.10 Windows 10
MrProgrammer

Re: Newbie needs help

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
drlock wrote: Progression column 1, the numbers advance each row.PC 2 is advanced every 4, PC 3 advanced ecery 16.
I can't find anything like that in your attachment. In particular, I do not see the number 16 anywhere. I ignored this statement.
drlock wrote:What I am trying to do is to automaticly fill in spread sheet according to the progression sequence in whatever order the numbers are. I am looking for any suggestions or formulas that will help me accomplish this.
I will guess that you might want the MOD function, though I am not sure I understand what you want to do. See my attachment. I entered the formula in B8, then copied it to the other cells in B8:G11. The values in your grid stay in the range 0 through 9 because your IF function subtracts 10 if the value would exceed 9. That is what =MOD(value;10) does.
202106190012.ods
(13.13 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: Increment values, with wrap-around

Post by Lupp »

I obviously didn't understand anything but the term "wrap-around" - if not I am wrong insofar.

Meta:
Why is a (only) text document attached to a question posted to the Calc branch?
Why is a text document not containing a chart named "chart"?
Why doesn't anything (next to) contained in that document look as if related to the question?

Concerning what I guessed "wrap-around" should mean, and rgarding the mention of the IF() function, I attach an example.

Editing:
Sorry. The attachment didn't survive the save draft/load draft cycle though it was still "textually present".
Now attached anew:
wrapAround.ods
(13.25 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Last edited by Lupp on Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
drlock

Post by drlock »

In the user provided info is the progression sequence right now it is set up 1,2,3,4,5 but it can be any setting i.e. 51324. In the area below the pinning matrix the column with progression 1 each row increases by 1 and repeats each block. Under pro = 2 then the number advances after 4 rows.... that is what I'm trying to get the program to do. I am trying to understand why they work, not just what the different formulas do,
Attachments
Layout.ods
(10.15 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
drlock

Post by drlock »

Layout.ods
(10.35 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Reposting with color to show sequence
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Under pro = 2 then the number advances after 4 rows.... that is what I'm trying to get the program to do.
Every row counts. You have an empty row after each block, so it should advance after 5 rows.

First cell: =INT((ROW(A1)-1)/5)+1
copy down.
The result is
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
drlock

Post by drlock »

I have added notes to the sheet to hopefully explain that it is not random numbers that I'm looking for but a quicker way of showing the spreadsheet numbers without cut and paste.
Attachments
Layout1.ods
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

I did not understand the goal initially. Your layout makes the task very difficult.
202106191200.ods
(21.57 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
drlock

Re: [Solved] Increment values, with wrap-around

Post by drlock »

Thanks to all who looked at and attempted and solved the problem. I am a locksmith by trade and this is to make master key systems. I do it in my head most of the time and as my wife says " I expect other people to know what I'M talking about". Sorry for the confusion.