[Solved] Cell formats are not sorted

Discuss the spreadsheet application
work41

[Solved] Cell formats are not sorted

Post by work41 »

My problem is, when I sort one sheet, on the second sheet the cell content changes as well (good), but the format of the cells like background color doesn't change.
How can I achieve that the formats change too? Thanks.

Easy example:
sheet 1:
A1: “one” with yellow background
A2: “two” with red background

sheet 2:
looks the same because the cell contents look like that =$sheet1.A1 and =$sheet1.A2

now I am sorting sheet 1 decending so it looks like this:
A1: “two” with red background
A2: “one” with yellow background

and my sheet 2 looks like this:
A1: “two” with yellow background
A2: “one” with red background

only the content of sheet 2 changed as it should, but not the background color.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 7
FJCC

Re: cell formats are not sorted

Post by FJCC »

A possible solution would be to set the back ground color with conditional formatting but I don't know what your conditions are for the colors.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
MrProgrammer

Re: cell formats are not sorted

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
work41 wrote:When I sort one sheet, on the second sheet the cell content changes as well (good), but the format of the cells like background color doesn't change. How can I achieve that the formats change too?
[Solved] Linking background/font colors in sheet cells
[Solved] Auto-sort data (with colors) based on other sheet
How to get font style of sheet1 to sheet2
Transferring Data and Color Between Sheets and Cells

If you need any additional assistance attach a document demonstrating the situation (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and don't attach a picture instead of the document itself). Explain which sheet you are sorting and specify the sort criteria. Tell us what you expect to happen on "the second sheet" of your attachment. If you have more than two sheets, provide the name of what you are calling "the second sheet".

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).