How to convert a chart in a pdf file to insert into calc?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Cliff S

How to convert a chart in a pdf file to insert into calc?

Post by Cliff S »

I need to convert pdf bank statements to open office calc. The convertors I have found only works with excel files. Some only converts the pdf lines to a single cell. I have found that converting to a csv file also converts by complete lines per cell. Is this even possible? Can calc perform this task without a third part app? I would appreciate any suggestions on how this can be done? Anyone know of a converter written to convert to calc? Tnx
Open Office 4.1.1 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: How to convert a chart in a pdf file to insert into calc

Post by Zizi64 »

The PDF file format was not created for reworking or reediting. It is for printing and reading.

You (may) can mine some images or some text from a PDF file, but you can not get a "working" chart. Maybe a PDF file not contain any numeric data for the Chart, but only the chart graphic.
If it contains some data in a table then you can try to import the data, and then you can RECREATE the chart in the Calc application.

There is a special file format: the hybrid PDF. That contain the oroginal .ods file and thePDF version of it. You can edit it in the Calc application, and you can read it in the PDF readers.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RoryOF

Re: How to convert a chart in a pdf file to insert into calc

Post by RoryOF »

It is possible that the free online service of
http://www.zamzar.com
will convert from PDF to .ods (Calc format)
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS