Creating a Submittable Form

Discuss the spreadsheet application
fujigolf

Creating a Submittable Form

Post by fujigolf »

I have been searching and haven't found what I am looking for, or if I am in the right place.

My playgroup wants to keep data on our games. We were populating multiple sheets manually, but it has proven troublesome to keep updated and the data in order.

Please see the attachment for reference.

We want to take this data from the drop down menus I have created to populate multiple other sheets in the same document. Specifically, points per player, points per deck, averages, etc. I was hoping to make this first page a form of sorts with a submit button. I think I can figure out a way to just copy and paste this form a few 100 times on this page and reference the data on the other sheets but was wondering if there is a cleaner way. I may be getting way over my head on this one but was looking for any sort of direction.

Thanks!
Attachments
screen shot of entry form
screen shot of entry form
Openoffice 4.16 on MacOS 11.3
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Creating a Submittable Form

Post by Villeroy »

Submit to what? Forms are part of the database component "Base". First you have to create some kind of database (NOT spreadsheet). Then you can use forms to fill the database table(s) with data.

btw, a screenshot does not help anybody to understand your problem unless it is a display problem. Instead of a picture you could also upload the document itself. And an empty document does not help because we can not see which types of data you need to store. I have no idea what to do with the grey cells in your screenshot.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
fujigolf

Re: Creating a Submittable Form

Post by fujigolf »

Thanks for getting back. After messing around for a bit yesterday I realized I didn't want to take the database route. I understand that this goes against my initial question. I will be using a series of nested formulas to get my results. In case you feel the need for any additional input, I am attaching the sheet anyway.

Thanks again.
Attachments
Commander League Results & Points v.01.ods
(52.67 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Openoffice 4.16 on MacOS 11.3