[Solved] Advanced Filter, results to new columns

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Mandy22

[Solved] Advanced Filter, results to new columns

Post by Mandy22 »

Hello! I just want to ask, can you put multiple criterias in one column in advanced filter and the result will show in different columns?

For example in column A there are different colors ( Red, Blue, Green ) i'd like the results in for those in Color Red to be in Column C-E, Color Blue in Column G-I and Color Green in Column K-M.

Is this possible?
Last edited by Mandy22 on Fri May 07, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4 on Windows 7
eeigor

Re: Advanced Filter

Post by eeigor »

Each criterion is associated with the name of the corresponding field. You're saying something wrong.
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS • LibreOffice 7.5.3.2 Community
Mandy22

Post by Mandy22 »

eeigor wrote:Each criterion is associated with the name of the corresponding field. You're saying something wrong.
Oh. I'm sorry i thought that's possible. But thank you!
eeigor

Post by eeigor »

If you have colors in different columns, you can set the criteria range with the specified color for multiple columns at the same time through "And" (same row) or "Or" (different rows).
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS • LibreOffice 7.5.3.2 Community
Mandy22

Post by Mandy22 »

eeigor wrote:If you have colors in different columns, you can set the criteria range with the specified color for multiple columns at the same time through "And" (same row) or "Or" (different rows).
Ohh okay got it. I appreciate it!
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Advanced Filter

Post by Villeroy »

Advanced filters:
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/do ... hp?id=9938 (select all rows having Date>=F1 AND Date<=F2)
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/do ... p?id=14714 (select all rows having column A=H1 OR B=H1 OR C=H1 OR D=H1 OR E=H1)
Field names (aka column labels) in row #10. The criteria range uses the corresponding field names in row #1. Criteria values in the same row are connected by logical AND as shown in the date example. Criteria values in the different rows are connected by logical OR as shown the other example.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Advanced Filter

Post by Villeroy »

Like the standard filter, the advanced filter has an option to copy the filter result to another place.
Click any cell in the list range.
Call Data>Filter>Advanced...
This selects the whole list range and pops up the adv. filter dialog with the currently active criteria range. If you simply confirm this dialog the criteria will be re-read from the criteria range.
There is an options button which expands the dialog and where you can specify a target cell.
If you specify G10 as target, the filtered result will be copied to the range starting at cell G10.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice