[Solved] LO: arrow buttons scroll sheet and don't move focus

Discuss the spreadsheet application
John_Ha
Volunteer

[Solved] LO: arrow buttons scroll sheet and don't move focus

Post by John_Ha »

Previously, when I used the UP / DOWN / LEFT / RIGHT arrows, the in-focus cell moved. So, if cell G6 was in-focus, pressing DOWN three times moved the focus to G9.

Now, if cell G6 is in-focus and I press the DOWN arrow three times, the focus stays on G6 and the whole visible sheet scrolls three rows.

I guess it is a control I have inadvertently toggled but I cannot find which. Help and the manual give no hint and resetting the profile doesn't work its usual magic.

LO 7.0.5.2.
Last edited by John_Ha on Tue May 04, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
robleyd

Re: LO - arrow buttons scroll sheet and don't move focus

Post by robleyd »

Perhaps - if your keyboard has it - you've accidentally toggled Scroll Lock. The behaviour suggests this may be the case.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: LO - arrow buttons scroll sheet and don't move focus

Post by John_Ha »

David

Thanks - that solved it.

It still worked properly in AOO so I didn't think it could be the keyboard :crazy:
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [Solved]LO - arrow buttons scroll sheet and don't move f

Post by Villeroy »

Not being able to scroll-lock the cell cursor was one of the Excel features I was missing badly when switching from Windows to Linux (thus Excel to Calc) 20 years ago.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice