Cannot save new files with Russian language pack

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Elrion

Cannot save new files with Russian language pack

Post by Elrion »

The problem started about 2-3 weeks ago.
When saving (I click on the "save" icon of the standard toolbar) a table in .odc format, an error appears:
Error while saving document .. <name>.
Write error.
Unable to write file

At the same time, I created a similar document in .xlt format, and it, in turn, instead of the "save" command, calls the "save as ..." command.

ps If you first open a table in .xlt, and then a similar table in .odc, then the ods-table is saved without problems...

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=97507 didn't help

pss my english is bad, everything is translated in google translator
OpenOffice 4.1.9 in Windows 10 20H2
RusselB

Re: Cannot Save New Files

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
Looking at the extensions that you have named, I don't recognize any of them as being normal extensions, or at least, not with the lettering in the order you have specified.
The default save format for spreadsheets, noting as how you posted in the Calc forum, uses the .ods extension.
The .odc extension, isn't recognized by me, but I have to wonder if that isn't a typo and you meant to say .doc
If that is the case, then I suspect that you were working in Writer, not Calc, and this topic should be in the Writer forum.
The .xlt extension, to my knowledge, is an Excel template, which is not guaranteed to be compatible with OpenOffice Calc.

Depending on your language of preference, there may be an OpenOffice forum version that uses that language, in which case translation difficulties would be eliminated.
If you specify your language of preference, we might be able to direct you to an alternative version of the forums.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Elrion

Re: Cannot Save New Files

Post by Elrion »

language of preference: russian

Yes, I was really wrong with the extension, .ods for tables.
ps
For the sake of experiment, I downloaded a language pack. There are no errors in the English version (UK).
The error occurs only in the Russian version:
OpenOffice 4.1.9 in Windows 10 20H2