[Solved] Need a key for the sheet tabs

Discuss the spreadsheet application
MsKelly65

[Solved] Need a key for the sheet tabs

Post by MsKelly65 »

I didn't have a clue how to word a search for this so I apologize if this topic has already been discussed.

I have a spreadsheet with so many sheets that I have had to just assign them numbers instead of word titles so I can see them and get to them quickly when I need to add something. Using the buttons that scroll to show the tabs beyond the current view is NOT convenient for me.

I currently have a sticky note set up to open when my spreadsheet does that has a key for which tab numbers correspond to the word category. I have to look at the list, then go to the appropriate number to open the right sheet.
Image of current set up
Image of current set up
The cell entries in each sheet are text entries - no formulas or anything.

I am using OpenOffice Calc, version 4.1.7 (not 4.1.5 as my signature says), on a Windows 10 (64-bit) PC.

Are there any better ways to do this, such as a list I can put on each sheet that I can just click on and will open the right tab, or am I pretty much stuck with just searching a list then clicking on the tab?

Thank you for any suggestions or feedback you can provide!
Last edited by MsKelly65 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MsKelly65, Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Need a Key for the Tabs

Post by Bill »

Use the Navigator. Double-clicking on the sheet name in the Navigator goes to that sheet. You can press F5 to open the Navigator or select View > Sidebar to open the Sidebar and click the Navigator icon on the Sidebar.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
F3K Total
Volunteer

Post by F3K Total »

Another possibility is to use hyperlinks. Find attached a sample file.
You just need to rename the sheets for your needs and fill these names into column A of the fist Sheet "Index".
R
Attachments
Jump_to_sheets.ods
(24.57 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
  • MMove 1.0.6
  • Extension for easy, exact positioning of shapes, pictures, controls, frames ...
  • my current system
  • Windows 10 AOO, LOLinux Mint AOO, LO
MsKelly65

Post by MsKelly65 »

Thank you both for your replies. The Navigator is exactly what I need! I am keeping the instructions for the hyperlinks, though. You never know when it might come in handy. :bravo:
MsKelly65, Windows 10