Example: Calendar date selection dialog

Discuss the spreadsheet application
ggeerits

Example: Calendar date selection dialog

Post by ggeerits »

A sample calendar to select a date.

The language of the months and days is determined by the local OpenOffice language settings.
It is now also possible to place the date in the currently selected cell via a toolbar button.
And some bug fixes.
Version 2.17

Update to version 2.50 see following message:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=105343
Last edited by ggeerits on Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.10 and LibreOffice 7.1.3.2 on Windows 10 Pro
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Calendar

Post by Villeroy »

See also: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18714
It does not require any code modification because it is based on cell names, supports different types of built-in form controls. The form controls offer their own set configuration options (input patterns, min, max, decimals etc.).

Both calendar solutions are suitable to fill your calculation model with some date values. They can not fill list columns with date values as they do with database columns.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Bidouille
Volunteer

Re: Calendar date selection dialog

Post by Bidouille »

Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Bidouille wrote:Try calCalc extension: https://gitlab.com/jmzambon/calcalc/-/b ... alcalc.oxt
Yes, this is the way to go. Very well done.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
ggeerits

Post by ggeerits »

Attached an update (version 2) of Calendar.ods.
The language of the months and days is determined by the local OpenOffice language settings.
It is now also possible to place the date in the currently selected cell via a toolbar button.
Last edited by ggeerits on Sun May 02, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnSUN-Pensioner
Volunteer

Post by JohnSUN-Pensioner »

To be honest, I never understand the date picker control. If you need to enter not today's date (there is no problem with this, one click on the Today button), but a day that is several years and months away, then the date selection turns into a quest with many movements and clicks of the mouse. Three dropdown lists, separate for year, month and day, are much easier to use - maximum six clicks. Entering the date into a cell manually is a maximum of 10 keystrokes (usually much less).

This is of course just my opinion, I'm not going to interfere with your entertainment.
I may not have a lot to give but what I got I'll give to you...
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5, LibreOffice 6.4.4.2 (x64) on Windows 7
If you think that I did not answer your question, make allowances for my imperfect English
ggeerits

Post by ggeerits »

I agree with you, in many cases it is easier to enter the date with the keys.
But if you have to enter a date in the future and the day is also important, you need a calendar (on screen or on paper) to see the day (such as making appointments in the future, payment orders for the bank).
For me it is indeed entertainment to write such an application, it keeps me busy as a retiree.
JohnSUN-Pensioner
Volunteer

Post by JohnSUN-Pensioner »

Do you mean "day of the week"? It doesn't seem like a big problem to me - it's enough to place Label below the selection fields, in the text of which the day of the week and date will be displayed in "human" format.
DatePicker.png
DatePicker.png (4.76 KiB) Viewed 2522 times
Update Perhaps I did not quite accurately formulate my idea. I am not against the calendar. I am against using a calendar to select one date. Let's use this form to select multiple dates. For example, "I will be on vacation these days" - and with one movement of the mouse select a whole strip of days and, as a result, get two start-end dates. Or a few separate days, "this month I have to go to the dentist every Tuesday" - and again, in one motion, select all Tuesdays.
I may not have a lot to give but what I got I'll give to you...
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5, LibreOffice 6.4.4.2 (x64) on Windows 7
If you think that I did not answer your question, make allowances for my imperfect English