Adding up totals for multiple users

Discuss the spreadsheet application
mrmagnum1973

Adding up totals for multiple users

Post by mrmagnum1973 »

I just started using open office and have been using the forums to answer a lot of my questions and they have helped me greatly. I have a spreadsheet, which i am attaching a copy of. Each month techs labor jobs are entered. The same tech might have 4 or 5 entries. I am trying to get it to add the totals of the jobs and then put the number in the cell for the total for each tech. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
test.ods
(9.36 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Open Office 4.1.5
FJCC

Re: adding up totals for multiple users

Post by FJCC »

I put two methods into the attached spreadsheet. In row 25, I used SUMIF formulas. In column E, I put a Pivot Table. You can right click on the table and select Edit Layout to see how I set it up. Make sure you look in the More section to see how to assign a location to the table. To start making a pivot table, select the data and choose the menu Data -> Pivot Table.
In the case of either the formulas or the pivot table, you can add new data by inserting cells into the existing range. The formulas will adjust automatically, the pivot table can be refreshed by right clicking on it and choosing Refresh.
Attachments
TechHours.ods
(10.38 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
mrmagnum1973

Re: adding up totals for multiple users

Post by mrmagnum1973 »

Thank you! I will give it a try.
Open Office 4.1.5