[Solved] Add data points to chart in spreadsheet

Discuss the spreadsheet application
legalnan

[Solved] Add data points to chart in spreadsheet

Post by legalnan »

I have a chart on my spreadsheet but can't remember how to add data points - all my data is in column A. I've entered several more rows to column a and wish to add the data from those rows to my chart. any help much appreciated
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Open Office 4.1.6 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: chart in spreadsheet

Post by Villeroy »

Insert new cells or entire rows before you enter the new values into the newly inserted cells.

1) Select the values you have appended without insertion.
2) Insert new rows or cells.
3) Move the values into the new cells.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
legalnan

Re: chart in spreadsheet

Post by legalnan »

Thank you so much but I lost my chart after trying to do it myself. I now have a new spreadsheet with data in columns A and B. Can you please tell me how to make a line chart? Column A is the data and column B is the date of each data point. I'm not really worried about the dates, so if it would be easier to just use column A that would be fine. You can't make the instruction too simple. I've been spending hours with no success. Any help much appreciated.
Hagar Delest

Re: Chart in spreadsheet

Post by Hagar Delest »

See if that helps: Creating a chart.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
legalnan

Post by legalnan »

So I highlighted column A and inserted chart and picked line chart. The line is very very thick. to make it thinner I have to stretch out the chart's width much too much to ever print. Also I'd like my chart to go from 165 to 135. but it continues down to 120 with 130-120 being empty. And at the bottom is the row numbers which I don't need. Is there a way to make the line thinner? Is there a way to eliminate 130-120? Is there a way to remove the row numbers from the bottom? And what does "calc" mean? And which axis is x and which is Y. I'm assuming one is vertical and one horizontal? Thanks very much for answers to any of these questions
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

The answers to most of your questions will probably be found in the links on the right of the page Hagar linked above, viz:
Editing charts
Formatting charts
Formatting 3D charts
Formatting chart elements

Calc is the name of the spreadsheet application in Apache OpenOffice.
math.net wrote:The x-axis and y-axis are axes in the Cartesian coordinate system. Together, they form a coordinate plane. The x-axis is usually the horizontal axis, while the y-axis is the vertical axis.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
legalnan

Re: Add data points to chart in spreadsheet

Post by legalnan »

I'm getting there but can't make sense of the instructions. I thought I'd try uploading the spreadsheet - That chart starts on T4. I would like the x axis range to go from 165 to 135 only. I would like to remove the row numbers under the chart, and I would like to print chart only. Any help would be amazing.
Attachments
chart data 2.ods
(80.56 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

chart data 3.ods
(46.2 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
legalnan

Post by legalnan »

All issues solved!!!! Thanks ever so much.