[Solved] Organize sheets into tabs

Discuss the spreadsheet application
StuDucklow1

[Solved] Organize sheets into tabs

Post by StuDucklow1 »

Is there a way to keep several Calc sheets together but available through tabs? I'm building a personal budget system and would like to have one Calc sheet per month, with a year's worth of sheets open and quickly available through tabs along the top. Seems like a no-brainer but I can't find anything in the documentation.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
Open Office 4.1.9
Mac OS 11.2.1
RusselB

Re: Organize sheets into tabs

Post by RusselB »

I'm going to start with letting you know that you posted in the wrong location.
You posted in the Tutorials section, which states in red at the top that there are to be no questions in the tutorial section.
I have moved your post to the correct area.

In regards to your request, you would have to create a single spreadsheet and import (Insert -> Sheet) each of the Calc sheets into a different tab on the new sheet.

Please note that some functions do not work well when being used over mulipte tabs, rather than having all of the data on a single tab.

I don't know how much, if any, difference this is going to make, but on my Calc the tabs are located on the bottom, not the top as you have specified in your post.
This might be due to a difference between the Mac version and the Windows version and/or a specific setting in OpenOffice.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

StuDucklow1 wrote:I'm building a personal budget system and would like to have one Calc sheet per month, with a year's worth of sheets open and quickly available through tabs along the top.
Quite a few people who have split a master list into separate sheets later regret that decision and re-combine them. If you split your data be sure you never want to do any analysis which includes all the months. Analyzing data stored in separate sheets is difficult, at best. I'd suggest leaving the data in one sheet and using filters when you want to work with subsets. Read about filters in Help → Index or in User Guides (PDF) or searching for topics about this in the Calc Forum.
RusselB wrote:This might be due to a difference between the Mac version and the Windows version and/or a specific setting in OpenOffice.
Sheet tabs are at the bottom on MacOS too. Enable them with option OpenOffice Calc → View → Window → Sheet tabs. Read about the options dialog on MacOS in Q00/A00 of the first tutorial below.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Mac FAQ
[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

download/file.php?id=38070 (list with pivot table)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice