[Dropped] Cannot open PMDX spreadsheet format

Discuss the spreadsheet application
moggie44

[Dropped] Cannot open PMDX spreadsheet format

Post by moggie44 »

Just did a 'recover' on my computer. It saved my files but not my apps. Just reinstalled Open Office 4.1.9. When I try to open a saved spreadsheet I get a message as to what file format I want to open this with. None of them listed are the PMDX format as shown in the saved file. How do I open these files? This affects all of my spreadsheets. I tried to used the backup and got the same result. Oddly, I open writer and can open the old files. Any ideas on how to fix this issue. I first thought maybe I had a bad download and install of Open Office so I removed it and reinstalled but have the same issue.
open office 4.1.9 /windows 10
FJCC

Re: OO spreadsheet issues with 4.1.9

Post by FJCC »

Were these files originally PMDX files? If so, they didn't come from OpenOffice; that is a Softmaker file extension. If they were originally from OpenOffice, you probably saved them in the native format which should have an .ods file extension. If I rename a Calc spreadsheet to have the .pmdx file extension, Calc will still open it. Since these files will not open for you I suspect they were not made by OpenOffice or they are corrupt. Can you post one of the files here? To do that, click PostReply and look for the Upload Attachment tab just below the box where you type a response.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.