[Solved] Remove Conditional Formatting

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Faith Denham

[Solved] Remove Conditional Formatting

Post by Faith Denham »

Hello!

I have searched all over the forum and am surprised there is nothing that explains this that I can see. Perhaps I used a bad search criteria, I am not sure. Anyhow, To learn how to make a Conditional formatting in a cell on my spreadsheet, I added some formatting to it based on another cells information. Then when I was successful I went to remove it and found I couldn't! I opened the conditional formatting from the format menu and it does 't even show any formatting in the window that opened, just asks me to enter my conditions for formatting 1. I checked, and I did have the cell highlighted that had the conditional Formatting. I still have the style I created of course. I tried to delete it and that failed, most likely because it is still being used by the spreadsheet. But I don't know for sure. I tried right clicking the cell but no option was there to view or remove any conditional formatting there.

All I want to do is remove the conditional formatting I put on that cell. I am sure there is a simple solution I am overlooking here.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.9 with iMac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
FJCC

Re: How do you remove Conditional Formatting

Post by FJCC »

You should be able to go to the Format -> Conditional Formatting menu and remove the formatting. You can also select the cell, press the Delete key and make sure the Format box is checked.
If neither of those works, please post the file here. To do that, click PostReply and look for the Upload Attachment tab just below the box where you type a response.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.